POSITION: GUEST ASSISTANT
The Guest Assistant is responsible for facilitating the cleanliness, maintenance and turn-over of tables in The Market, ensuring Vendor-Partners have the serviceware necessary to transact business, and delivering Lagniappe Service to all of our guests. This includes setting tables efficiently, serve and refill water and cleaning the dining area and serving stations.
· Maintain a clean, well-groomed, professional appearance at all times.
· Directly responsible for assisting guests.
· Respond appropriately to guest requests.
· Communicate guest requests to supervisors as needed.
· Clears dishes, sanitize and sets tables, sweep or vacuum the surrounding floor in a professional and effective manner.
· Help restock utensils, napkins and other dining room equipment.
· Grooming of the entire restaurant and its perimeters.
· Serve water, provide refills as needed.
· Stock all service areas and maintaining adequate supplies during meal period.
· Ensure that each guest is treated in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
· Thank guests as they are leaving.
· Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· To follow all company safety rules, policies, and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
· Strong guest service orientation.
· Good communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests).
· Identify and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
· Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
· Ability to take directions and be a team player.Multi-task oriented and self-motivated.
· Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Constant standing, sitting, and walking.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop
· Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
· Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
· Basic Math Skills: add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time
High school or equivalent
Apply in person at Auction House Market, daily from 9am - 6pm.
For questions, use the form here.